Norfolk Island Weather
Norfolk Island boasts a mild and pleasant subtropical climate, with little differentiation between the seasons. Summer days range from 24-28°C and 19-21°C degrees at nightfall. Mid-winter offers comfortable weather, with temperatures averaging 19-21°C degrees during the day and about 12°C at night. The average rainfall at this magnificent travel destination is approximately 1,328mm annually.
There’s plenty to do on Norfolk Island! Boasting an extensive array of sporting activities, interactive tours, culture, beaches, dining and more, your Norfolk Island holiday will keep you busy for as long as you’d like to stay. From trekking through the rainforest to discovering endangered species unique to the island to romantic dining at a 5-star restaurant, a whole host of unique island experiences await you on your Norfolk Island holiday.
Enjoy an Active Norfolk Island Holiday
From snorkeling and deep sea diving to museums and historic villages, Norfolk Island is a choice destination for the active traveler. There’s an abundance of things to do and sights to see, including:
- Golf. Golfing doesn’t get more picturesque than the sweeping fairways, jade-colored greens and heritage Georgian clubhouse of Norfolk Island’s breathtaking Kingston course. Duration: 9 holes (18 tees).
- Lawn Bowls. This historical and centrally located sporting venue offers a friendly atmosphere for all visitors whether you’re a social or competitive bowler.
- Water Activities. The waters surrounding Norfolk Island are a fisherman’s fantasy! Fishing charters and boat cruises are available to visitors as well as instructed scuba diving opportunities. Families can enjoy safe snorkeling and swimming on the beaches of Emily Bay and Slaughter Bay. And if you’re feeling particularly adventurous, why not try your hand at surfing or sea kayaking during your Norfolk Island holiday?
- Norfolk Island Tours. Enjoy a fascinating Convict Settlement Tour, an invigorating Breakfast Bushwalking Tour, and even a Farm & Industry Tour which gives you a glimpse of the local Norfolk Island industries. Island tours range from marveling at the natural beauty of Norfolk and learning about our mutinous history… to delicious dining and progressive dinners showcasing the Islanders’ contemporary life.
- Norfolk Island Museum. Take a journey back through time when you visit the Museum, from an astounding collection of archaeological artifacts to a dramatic performance of "The Trial of the Fifteen," in which colorful characters bring history to life.
- Norfolk Island National Park. Here you'll discover some of the world's most spectacular rainforests, which can be explored on foot or via bicycle. The National Park also offers a dazzling array of Norfolk Island plant species, 40 of which are native to the Island.
- Old Kingston Town. Relive the Island's turbulent past in a historic village settling that remains true to its 19th-century origins. Explore the infamous pentagonal prison and view the commemorative plaque at Slaughter Bay, which honors the tragic end of the flagship of the First Fleet. Venture out to the tip of Point Hunter to get a breathtaking view of gorgeous Emily Bay.